Saving and building the solution
- Start SIS Desktop and select the View tab. In the Show/Hide group tick Developer.
- Select the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the Developer Control Bar window to display the right-hand pane of the control bar.
- Test your new functionality and confirm the GisLink function is displayed in the right-hand pane.
TIP: It is good practice to surround functionality with try and catch blocks.
Private Sub ExportImages(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As SisClickArgs) SIS = e.Desktop Try ' file path, resolution of the output image SIS.ExportGif("c:\testSWD\map.gif", 600, 400) SIS.ExportPng("c:\testSWD\mapb.png", 1024, 1024) SIS.ExportJpeg("c:\testSWD\mapd.jpg", 1024, 1024) Catch ex As Exception End Try SIS.Dispose() SIS = Nothing End Sub
You should now have everything you need to begin developing your own GisLink applications.
- Select the Build drop-down tab and select Configuration Manager.
- In the Configuration Manager dialog open the Active solution configurations drop-down and select Release.
- Open the Active solution platform drop-down and select the architecture that matches your SIS installation (the lib you referenced at the start of this procedure) if the lib has x86 in the name it is 32bit if not it is 64bit).
- Finally remember to create a new shortcut in the Custom folder.