Gets the length along the geometry of the current open Item up to a position.
Public Function GetGeomLengthUpto( _ ByVal nGeom As Long, _ ByVal arclenStart As Double, _ ByVal x As Double, _ ByVal y As Double, _ ByVal z As Double _ ) As Double
- The index of the geometry component, starting at 0.
- The length along the geometry component from which to start the measurement. Use -1.0 to measure from the start of the geometry.
- The x coordinate position along the geometry component to measure up to.
- The y coordinate position along the geometry component to measure up to.
- The z coordinate position along the geometry component to measure up to.
The measured length, or -1.0. The returned distance in a Cartesian coordinate system is in metres; the returned distance in a spherical coordinate system is in degrees. The returned z value in a spherical coordinate system is in metres above sea level.
- Use GetNumGeom to get the number of geometry components in an Item.
- The arclenStart argument is useful for geometry which passes through a position more than once, e.g. a figure-of-eight. To handle this situation, call this method repeatedly, using -1.0 for the arclenStart argument for the first call, and the returned value for each subsequent call, until -1.0 is returned.
- Whatever the value of the arclenStart argument, the returned value will be the length from the start of the geometry.
Available: GEO D OD OM SISpy
sis.GetGeomLengthUpto(0, -1, 0, 0, 0)
Evaluates the length along a simple geometry from its start up to the origin.