The Style of the PDF Output
Unlike other styles, the PDF printing style is handled by the Print Templates.nol file. This can be found in the libraries folder of your GeognoSIS installation (usually C:\Program Files\Cadcorp GeognoSIS 9\Libraries).
The print templates used within the service are defined within GeognoSIS, they are:
- A3 Landscape Simple Style 1
- A3 Landscape Simple Style 1 Notes Field
- A3 Portrait Simple Style 1
- A3 Portrait Simple Style 1 Notes Field
- A4 Landscape Simple Style 1
- A4 Landscape Simple Style 1 Notes Field
- A4 Portrait Simple Style 1
- A4 Portrait Simple Style 1 Notes Field
To permanently change the print template used in the service, remove the templates from the Print Templates.nol file.
To change the template open Print Templates.nol in SIS Desktop, delete the templates and then add in your own. Now change the name of the new templates to match those listed above.
Ensure the template names match EXACTLY. Print templates also need to be in a folder in the NOL called ‘Cadcorp Web Mapping’.
Now restart GeognoSIS. The new templates will be used when you use the print service.
Print template requirements
Due to layout limitations, your print template should only contain the following sections:
- Created By
Note: Any new templates that are added may not show in the print preview; however they WILL be used when a PDF is created.