Getting started - Creating a Python In-process GisLink Application
From SIS 8.0 onwards, in-process GisLink applications can be written in the Python programming language.
There are two components required for a Python GisLink:
- A valid Python script using the Cadcorp “gislink” library and
- A shortcut pointing to the script file in the “Custom” folder of the local application folder (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Cadcorp SIS Desktop 9.0\Custom”).
The shortcut allows the script file to be located anywhere.
However to maintain simplicity GisLink applications are placed in their own project folder in the “Addins” folder.
e.g. “C:\Program Files\Cadcorp SIS Desktop 9\Addins”.
Additional files like icons or config files should also be saved to this folder.
- Beginning a Python GisLink Project
- Adding a GisLink Program Object
- Access GisLink Methods and Attributes
- Working with the Ribbon Interface
- Adding a command to the Map Window Context Menu
- Registering and Removing ACom Triggers
- Creating a Custom Interface
- Integrating Custom Modules