Attribute data is non-graphical information assigned to editable graphical items, SIS Workspace Definitions (SWDs), overlays and datasets.
An Attribute is simply a type of property; it is however different from a system property (which is an integral part of the item, SWD, dataset or overlay).
TIP: Microsoft Visual Basic customisations can be used to add, modify and remove attribute data with all SIS products.
Once you have created attribute data on an Item, it will be retained even when the item is edited.
Attribute data is stored inside the Item (and not in a separate table). This means attribute data is never "lost" when individual files are deleted.
- Adding attributes to items
- Adding attributes to an SWD
- Adding attributes to an overlay
- Removing attributes from an overlay
- Displaying attributes
- Modifying user attributes
- Editing items which have attribute data